Join Dolphin Red Letter Day
By Ric O’Barry
Earth Island Institute
One of our young supporters has come up with a unique idea to get the attention of Japanese authorities this summer, and we are helping get the word out.
Sandy Shell came up with the idea when she learned that July 16th in Japan is “Marine Day”, a special celebration of the ocean and hopes for prosperity for maritime Japan.
She wants this year’s July 16th Marine Day in Japan to be a Dolphin Red Letter Day, when the leaders of Japan get thousands of red envelopes with messages asking politely that Japan end the killing of dolphins and whales. Each red envelope symbolizes one dolphin that sadly died in the waters of Japan.
Sandy suggests sending off the envelopes the week of July 1st, so they will arrive in time for July 16th. You can get more information on her website, including the addresses of the Japanese Prime Minister and the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries:
Sandy also urges you to help her spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.
I think this is a great idea, and a good example of what a person can do to help. All it takes is one red envelope!
My thanks to Sandy and to all the folks who will participate in Red Letter Day for Dolphins!
Quick Ways to Help
* Sign the petition HERE to tell world leaders to Stop the Japan Dolphin Slaughter.
* Block the sale of dolphins from the Solomon Islands to China. Send an e-mail to Solomon Islands Prime Minister Danny Philip email@example.com
*Click Here to Join the Ric O'Barry Dolphin Project Facebook Page.
- New German Documentary on Captivity
- Study Confirms Taiji Kills Are Inhumane
- Help End the Cruel Captures of Dolphins!
- Happy Birthday Dolphin Project!
- Pat Derby: Lions and Tigers and Elephants
- Rule To Resolve WTO Dolphin Decision
- Thanks to You, Ric Won!
- Hours Left! Have You Voted for Ric?
- Taiji Slaughter Season Ends in Blood
- Japan Protest Against “Research” Whaling