Make a Donation of Stock
SAVE JAPAN DOLPHINS
EARTH ISLAND INSTITUTE
One of the most important donation opportunities is appreciated stock. The donor gets to claim the full value of the stock (as of the date that it leaves his/her hands), and the donor avoids what may be very significant capital gains taxes on the appreciated value of the shares over their original acquisition value.
All stock gifts should be donated to Save Japan Dolphins at Earth Island Institute via a transfer of shares directly into Earth Island's Schwab account. The donor’s broker will need the following information to process the donation:
Account Name: Earth Island Institute
Charles Schwab Account #3024-7477
Earth Island Institute is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. Our tax ID is #94-2889684.
Please provide the following information in advance of the transfer so that we can identify the gift. You can fill out the attached standard stock donation template, or simply provide the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. the name of the security
2. the expected number of shares
3. when the transfer is expected to take place
4. Donor’s name and address
Also, please keep in mind that we are not allowed to place a dollar value on the donation, since that is a matter between the donor and the IRS, based on information from the donor's broker.
If you have additional questions, please contact David Phillips at 510 859 9145.
Please send an e-mail notifying us of your donation to email@example.com.
Thanks so much!
- New German Documentary on Captivity
- Study Confirms Taiji Kills Are Inhumane
- Help End the Cruel Captures of Dolphins!
- Happy Birthday Dolphin Project!
- Pat Derby: Lions and Tigers and Elephants
- Rule To Resolve WTO Dolphin Decision
- Thanks to You, Ric Won!
- Hours Left! Have You Voted for Ric?
- Taiji Slaughter Season Ends in Blood
- Japan Protest Against “Research” Whaling